The Green, Molineux Road, Minster-in-Thanet, Ramsgate, CT12 4DW 01843 824 082
Hon. Secretary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Minster Bowls Club Website
The club, situated in the Recreation Ground, has been active in the village since 1937, in one guise or another.
Minster Bowls Club welcomes people of all ages and abilities to come along and see our wonderful facilities, where we offer both indoor and outdoor bowls in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Youngsters from the local school regularly attend to compete against each other and the club has it’s own qualified coaches available to instruct new players.
Minster play Lawn Bowls throughout the season from April through to September and Short Mat Bowls from October through to April, both formats having full calendars of matches and competitions for members to get involved with.
The clubhouse houses a licensed bar, offers full catering facilities and has separate Ladies and Gents changing areas.
Being a physical activity bowls is beneficial to your health as it keeps you active and alleviates boredom.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Fitness – Bowls helps moderately improve muscle strength (arm, shoulder, leg muscles), flexibility and endurance.
- Mental Health – The outdoor game gets you into the fresh air whilst both the indoor and outdoor game help alleviate depression and anxiety.
- Increased Skills – Bowls involves some element of problem solving skills and also helps improve co-ordination and concentration
- Improved Confidence – Participating in a sport helps improve self-esteem and gets you out and about and meeting people.
- Self-Discipline – Sports such as bowls involves turning up on time, being organised and wearing the correct uniform.
- Social Interaction – Bowls helps improve social skills and being part of a team also gives you a sense of belonging.
Minster Bowls Club run a variety of social/entertainment events that are usually open to both members and non-members alike (check out our calendar), The club also hosts 2 ‘Open Days’ each year for non-bowlers to compete in teams playing for their own elected charity, so there is plenty of opportunity for even non-players to socialise and meet new people.
Interested? Then please feel free to pop into the clubhouse and speak to a member or contact the Club Secretary who’s details are shown at the top of this page.
We hope to meet you ‘On the Green’ soon.